Water Supply Automation System:
‘Water Supply Automation system’ is a step towards Smart Villages. This system is used to automate the water supply infrastructure currently present in Indian villages. This infrastructure consists of one or more motor pumps at the source of water mostly on Dams, rivers, Bore wells etc. and one or more overhead tanks near the village. By using our ‘Water Supply Automation System’ one can operate and monitor the water supply of his village from his mobile phone.
1.The distance between the motor pump and Overhead tank is in the range of Kilometers. Therefore there is a very long distance to commute for just operating the motor pump.
2. If one doesn’t turn off the motor before the tank gets completely filled, then large volumes of water will be wasted
3. One doesn’t know when the tank is getting empty. Therefore it is difficult to maintain the continuous supply of water.
4. Fuel expenses will be incurred for travelling to the motor pump location.
5. Motor can get damaged due to erratic power supply
6. There is a risk of electric shock/wild animals/reptiles while operating motor at night.
‘Water Supply Automation system’ consists of two parts:
1. Tank Side unit
2. Motor side unit
Both the units can communicate with each other using wireless GSM technology. Both the units will have facility to insert any GSM SIM card in it.
1. Tank side unit:
1. Tank side unit consists of one level sensor which has to be put inside the tank.
2. Level sensor can detect if the tank is full or empty.
3. This information provided by level sensor will be communicated to the Motor side unit through wireless GSM technology.
4. One tank side unit can provide information to multiple motor side units.
5. This unit can also be powered by solar energy.
2. Motor side unit:
1. Smart Timer
2. Dry Run Protection
3. Protection against Fluctuating Voltage
4. Protection against ‘Single Phasing’
5. Overload Protection
6. Missed Call Facility Whenever Power Resumes
7. Number Registration Facility
8. Password Protection
9. For All Types Of Pump
10. Customer Support